Are you considering adding ecommerce to your sales methods? It can be a huge boost for your business, as you will suddenly be able to reach out to potential customers anywhere in the world. You are no longer limited to your neighborhood or city. It is easy to see the benefits of a web presence for selling your products or services.
But ecommerce opens up a whole new set of issues, and it needs careful planning. An online shop requires some things that your retail outlet does not.
- The site must always be up and running – online customers will not wait around.
- It must work on different browsers.
- It must be able to easily grow as you add new products and features.
- It must be crystal clear what you want the customer to do and how to do it.
- It must be SEO-friendly to attract customers who are searching for your products or services.
- It must provide good sales support – shipping, warehouse order fulfillment, and other normal sales activities must work smoothly.
There is much less room for error when you are in a 24/7/365 online environment.
An early decision is, What software will run the store? We at Net Plus Consulting have examined many platforms and can confidently recommend BigCommerce. It is easy to use and maintain, and provides a complete set of ecommerce-related functions.
Our services for ecommerce clients include the installation and hosting of your site as well as the graphic design that will give you a unique web presence.