Crime prevention is a necessary part of business management. If your place of business has doors or windows, then you should have some type of surveillance in place. There are several reasons to have a surveillance system:
2. Your employees know they are being watched. Strategically-placed cameras can insure employee theft is minimized. For example, a camera at a cash register is a common practice and should pose no privacy issues for employees.
3. Not just entrances and exits. Having a camera at every door is good, but also consider a camera to monitor inventory, packing areas, and office computer areas. These items can walk away quickly, and having a video can help find problems rapidly.
Video surveillance systems can be utilized for any type of business, including:
- Dummy cameras that give the appearance of a surveillance camera, while the real camera is hidden.
- Professional cameras can be used inside or outside and monitor large areas. There are a plethora of types depending on the type of coverage needed.
- PC cameras are a low-cost option, but you should do research to determine if this option gives you the surveillance coverage that you need.
- Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) systems are among the best choices available. They provide not only the best camera options, but also stations can be centralized or remotely monitored via PC or laptop.
With all of the options available, you should work with a professional company like us, Net Plus Consulting. One of our crime prevention consultants can help you choose the right surveillance system for your business and budget.
Net Plus Consulting is a nationwide service provider. To get started, check out our website or contact us to arrange a free one hour consultation.
Photo courtesy of Shutterstock.